|Scientific Publishing||11.07.2022 09:00 - 17:00 (Mon)||Seminar room 01.001/002, GSLS Buildung||Andrew Davis, PhD|
|Scientific Publishing||12.07.2022 09:00 - 17:00 (Tue)||Seminar room 01.001/002, GSLS Buildung||Andrew Davis, PhD|
This workshop gives you an overview about the requirements and rules for publishing scientific articles. The following points will be covered in this 2-days workshop:
• Introduction: why publish and when to start
• Choosing a journal, using JANE and other applications, practical exercise
• Using ThinkCheckSubmit
• Your audience, those impact factors, open access
• Practical exercise on Scopus and WoS
• Ethics of Publication; Vancouver rules, coauthors, correspondents, chaperones
• Submitting your MS, covering letters. Rejection – don’t panic!
• Different kinds of rejection: editorial, outright, with serious flaws
• Conditional acceptance, dealing with those referees
• Writing responses to referees, practical exercise
• Accepted!! The final text. Proofs: what to do and what not to do, practical
• Copyright. ‘First online’, preprints & preprint servers
• Publicizing the publication; your colleagues, your boss, your institution, the world
Andrew Davis, PhD works at the Institute of Zoology, University of Göttingen. With a PhD in Zoology from University College Cardiff, Wales, UK, he now specializes in biology, ecology and environment. He has extensive experience in teaching post-graduate students in scientific writing & publishing, manuscript preparation, experimental design & statistics.
Note: Registration of GSLS doctoral researchers has priority to non-GSLS participants. Non-GSLS participants pay a service and workshop fee of EUR 50 by bank transfer.