|Improved Reading||10.10.2022 15:00 - 17:00 (Mon)||online via ZOOM||Dr. Friedrich Hasse|
|Improved Reading||07.11.2022 15:00 - 17:00 (Mon)||online via ZOOM||Dr. Friedrich Hasse|
Read fast and efficiently – Webinars & Online Training
Scientific work involves a significant amount of reading. How about increasing your reading speed by 30-100% (depending on text difficulty and English proficiency) while at the same time improving your reading quality…and boosting your motivation?
This training is based upon our regular 2 day classroom training, but specially designed for participants working in their home office:
- Speed Reading Online Course including trainer accompaniment > Flexible times, to be finished within ca. 4 weeks, 10 units, max 1h per unit
- Three webinars for direct group exchange and trainer support with special input on how to deal with scientific texts
> 1st webinar: 2h (fixed date)
> 2nd webinar (feedback session): 1h (to be agreed upon via Doodle poll)
> 3rd webinar: 2h (fixed date)
- Optionally you can refresh your skills with an online and classroom refresher training, both of which are free of charge > Optionally after finishing the course
1st webinar: 10 October 2022, 15:00 - 17:00
2nd webinar: to be agreed upon via Doodle poll
3rd webinar: 7 November 2022, 15:00 - 17:00
- Faster reading speed
- Better text comprehension
- Variation of different reading techniques and strategies
- Better concentration and motivation
- Special approaches towards scientific texts
Please be aware that this online course requires a high degree of self-discipline – for you to finish the course entirely, carefully follow the instructions and participate in all three webinar sessions. Only under this condition can you expect a profound change of reading habits.
This course is an additional challenge for non-English native speakers. Good/very good English reading (not necessarily speaking) proficiency is expected (approx. B2 English language level), also for the Speed Reading Online course in English.
Detailed course structure:
- Pre-course Webinar session (2 hours, English) – Introduction & Advice on reading scientific texts
- Speed Reading Online Course – 10 units (45-60 minutes each) – Flexible training during 2-4 weeks, no fixed times/dates – Trainer accompaniment 4 weeks from your first log-in
- Videochat (ca. 1h) during Speed Reading Online – Half of the online course should be finished
- After-Course Webinar session (2 hours, English) – Feedback & futher advice on reading scientific texts
- Optional: Speed Reading Online Refresher Course (German only) – Additional tests & exercises and guided text exercise with your own text
- PDF workbook (German or English) including the complete course theory
- Series of 12 e-mails (“Transferimpulse”, in German) sent out immediately after finishing Speed Reading Online which help you apply the learnt techniques/ strategies in your everyday reading (optionally)
- Alumni website (in German) containing training material and tools is freely accessible for all former participants
Didactical approach: Many practical exercises and tests and well-dosed theoretical input. Prepare yourself for an intense training experience that requires your willingness to change long-term reading behavior and to consistently work on the online training for the duration of two to four weeks.
Webinar Trainer: Friedrich Hasse, M.A., Improved Reading Trainer since 2003 in German and English in many scientific institutions (Fraunhofer, Max Planck and Helmholtz institutes, graduate schools of many universities), governmental institutions and companies; co-author of the best-selling book “Schneller lesen - besser verstehen” ("Read faster with better comprehension”, 85.000 sold copies since 2008).
Note:service and workshop fee EUR 50